To create or edit an assignment application, open the assignment and go to the 'Application' tab. What you see on the screen is a what-you-see-is-what-you-get editor - it's roughly what the application will look like to volunteers, with the sidebar and 'Apply' buttons.
Follow these steps for a great application:
1) Add an image. Images at least 1400px wide work best. Avoid images with text, or images that are very busy. The focus of the image should be in the top right, so the title of your assignment doesn't compete with the image. If you choose not to upload an image, Timecounts will fill the space with a coloured pattern to match your Community Hub colours.
2) Select the Commitment Level and Details. How much time is required of your volunteers? You can choose from short term, long term, or flexible. Add timeframe details in the next text box, to give your volunteers an idea of how much of a commitment is required.
3) Add a location. Let your volunteers know where they're expected to perform their volunteer tasks. You can choose Global, Online, or No Location if needed. But if the location will vary, we suggest at least entering the city or region in which the volunteer can expect to work.
4) Add an overview about the assignment. Why should volunteers apply? What impact will volunteers have? What tasks will they be performing?
5) Add more content blocks. Click on the 'Add New Content Block' dropdown to choose a section to add to your application, or add a new custom section. Options include 'Requirements', 'Qualifications', 'What to Expect', and more. There's no need to add any or all of these sections, but we hope they'll act as guides to help prompt the creation of a stellar, informative application.
6) Save and View. Save your changes, and view the application to see the finished result!
7) Check your application settings in the Details tab.
8) Select or create a new signup form.
9) Open Applications and share! When you're ready to publish, go to the Overview tab of the assignment. Click 'Applications Closed' in the top corner of the assignment, which will open a dropdown. Select 'Open Applications'. You'll be asked if you'd like to open applications now, or set a date and time to automatically open applications in the future.
If you've set your application to be public, the application will now be viewable in your Hub. Share the URL with your wider community!